«STANDARTINFORM» took part in the meeting of the Scientific and Technical Commission for Standardization (STC) of the Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (ICS) of the CIS Member States on December 8, 2020.
The event was held in the online format in accordance with the adoption of the ICS Development Strategy for the period up to 2030. The elaboration of the Action Plan on the implementation of the ICS Development Strategy with the participation of representatives of national standardization bodies of the Russian Federation, the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Moldova and the Republic of Uzbekistan was discussed.
«STANDARTINFORM» was represented by: Alexander A. Barkov, First Deputy General Director, Yuri V. Budkin, Deputy General Director, and Alexei V. Ivanov, Director of Standardization Methodological Support Department.
ICS Standards Bureau is the organizer and participant of the meeting, the developer of the draft Action Plan for the implementation of the ICS Development Strategy until 2030. One of the sections of the Plan is the "Standardization", the strategic objectives of which fully correlate with the section "Standardization" of the ICS Development Strategy.
The participants proposed specific forms of work on interstate standardization at the stages of planning, development, voting, accession, cancellation and enactment of GOSTs. Namely:
- to determine the priorities of interstate standardization in accordance with the interest of national standardization bodies;
- to bring the interstate committees on standardization (ITC) to the number of five or more full members;
- to increase the activity of the ITC full members, especially in the initial stages of planning and development of draft standards;
- to provide continuity in the voting on the draft standard on the first and final version;
- to introduce a method of accelerated development of interstate standards for the innovative development of industry and improve the quality of people's lives;
- to inform the participants of the work on the accession and the introduction of interstate standards;
- to form a fund of interstate standards related to the competence of the ITC in the relevant areas of the technical committee;
- to develop principles of assignment of the interstate standards fund, which are not included in the scope of the current ITC, to the national institutes for standardization;
- to monitor the distribution of documents on interstate standardization to establish the relevance of standards and prepare proposals for the abolition of unclaimed documents;
- to create and implement procedures for simplified cancellation of irrelevant and unclaimed by industry and business interstate standards.
It is recommended to divide the activities of the Plan into short-term (3 years) and long-term (until 2030) and to set performance targets for each activity.