The Agreement on joint activities of national standardization institutes of the EAEU member states in the development of standards and the Plan of measures to implement the Agreement were signed on December 9, 2020 in an online format.
The signing of the documents was attended by:
Acting Director of the "National Body for Standardization and Metrology" of the Republic of Armenia, A.A. Babayan;
Director of Scientific and Production Republican Unitary Enterprise "Belarusian State Institute of Standardization and Certification" of the Republic of Belarus (BelGISS), A. G. Skuratov;
Deputy General Director of the Republican State Enterprise "Kazakhstan Institute of Standardization and Metrology" (KazInSt) S.Y. Radaev;
Director of the Center for Standardization and Metrology of the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic, B.A. Adanbaev;
Acting General Director of Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Russian Scientific and Technical Center for Information on Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment" ("STANDARTINFORM"), A.N. Mikheev.
Agreement on joint activities of national standardization institutions of the EAEU member states in the development of standards and the Plan of measures to implement the Agreement are aimed at a coordinated policy in the development and application of international, regional, interstate and national (state) standards within the EAEU in the areas of:
- joint planning of the interstate standards development, its development, review and revision according to the comments received;
- development of a system of comprehensive information support in the field of the EAEU technical regulation;
- official publication of interstate standards and their dissemination;
- coordination of training programs and skills development in the field of standardization;
- international cooperation in the field of standardization.
"STANDARTINFORM" coordinates the implementation of the Agreement in cooperation with national standardization institutes of the EAEU member states.