Mikhail V. Mishustin, Chairman of the Russian Federation Government signed Order № 519-r of March 2, 2021, according to which Rosstandart is charged with the transformation of Standardinform into the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Russian Institute for Standardization" (FGBU "RST").
The main directions of the Institute's work will be:
- formation and maintenance of the Federal Information Fund of standards;
- implementation of the National Standardization Program;
- expertise of documents on standardization, including documents on standardization of defense products;
- information support to the national standardization system;
- ensuring the development, maintenance and use of all-Russian classifiers;
- conducting work on international and regional standardization;
- creation and maintenance of federal information systems.
Rosstandart began implementing initiatives to create a standardization institute in 2018 by uniting subordinate standardization institutes (VNIINMASH, Standardinform, VNIISMT and Rosoboronstandard). Currently more than 520 specialists work in the united institute, more than 60 of them have scientific degrees, the average age of the employees is 49 years.
In accordance with the Order of the Russian Federation Government organizational and technical measures for the reorganization of Standardinform in FGBU "Russian Institute for Standardization" must be completed by August 1, 2021.