April 20, 2021 Acting General Director of «Standartinform» K. Leonidov took part in a meeting of the Commission for Standardization of the Public Council under the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology.
In his report, the head of Standardinform spoke about the development strategy of the Joint Institute for Standardization until 2025 and how the reorganization of «Standartinform» in the form of transformation into the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Russian Institute for Standardization".
“The considered areas of work will ensure the implementation of the Development Program of the Institute for 2020-2025, approved by the Acting Head of Rosstandart A. Shalaev on December 3, 2020 ", - noted K. Leonidov.
At present, in accordance with the Action Plan («road map») for the reorganization, the main activities are being implemented, including those related to the creation of the organizational structure of the Institute and its staffing.
The new organizational structure is based on the blocks of standardization, defense standardization, informatization and technical regulation.
The standardization block is aimed at solving problems related to national and international standardization.
The Defense Standardization Unit will provide scientific and methodological support for work on the compatibility of the requirements of the standards with the needs of the Russian defense industry.
The informatization block was created to solve the problems of transforming the information support of the standardization system in accordance with the dictates of the times and the introduction of widespread digitalization.
In accordance with the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated March 2, 2021 No. 519-r, the main activities of the reformed institute will be:
- organizational and technical support for the formation and maintenance of the Federal Information Fund of Standards, including the creation and operation of federal information systems;
- organizational and technical support for the creation and maintenance of the Federal Information Fund of technical regulations and standards, providing information on technical regulations, standards and other documents on technical regulation;
- development and implementation of a national standardization program;
- carrying out work on the standardization of defense products;
- development of projects of international and regional standards;
- information support of the national standardization system;
- conducting scientific research in the field of standardization, etc.
Also K. Leonidov drew the attention of the meeting participants that in order to effectively implement the state policy in the field of technical regulation and standardization by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia, a Competence Center is being formed within the framework of the technical regulation block on the basis of the Institute, which is due to the unique competences and powers of the Institute in terms of ensuring the formation, maintenance and updating of the Federal Information fund of standards and the Federal information fund of technical regulations and standards, as well as the implementation of information support for standardization based on the provision of data from these funds.