Russian Standardization Institute took part in the session of a technical committee on standardization «Additive technologies» (TC 182). This event was held in the framework of the 7th International Conference «Additive technologies: present and future» on the 8th of October 2021.
It was mentioned that main achievements of TC 182 were standards in the following fields:
- equipment for selective laser melting;
- goods received by the method of selective laser melting from metal powder composition of steels and titanium alloys;
- construction of metal goods based on the most modern results of fundamental researches.
Russian Standardization Institute leads the Subcommittee «Organizational and methodical, general technical matters of standardization, classification, terminology, coding and cataloguing» of TC 182.
Chairman of the Subcommittee of TC 182 Yury Budkin highlighted that Russian Standardization Institute developed standards on technological equipment for electron beam processing in vacuum (GOST R 57894 and GOST R 57550) which would become the basis for achieving new horizons of standardization of additive technologies.
Perspective directions of standardization are developments in the following fields:
- equipment and technologies of electron beam surfacing of the goods from titanium and refractory metals enabling to carry out metallurgical processes in vacuum;
- 3 D printing of the needed medical devices such as onetime valves for artificial lung ventilation, devices for contactless door opening during the pandemic period;
- requirements for the goods received by the method of electron beam surfacing and applied in engine building, aviation, space technology, shipbuilding, power engineering.