Russian Standardization Institute (FSBI «RST») participated in the 10th online conference on the implementation of the ISO's Regional Engagement Policy on February 28th, 2022. Main aim of this Policy is to ensure that more and more countries become participants of international standardization.
Participants of the conference including representatives of the International Cooperation Department of FSBI «RST» discussed the changes that took place in February 2022.
The tutor of the ISO's Regional Engagement Policy Maria Shabaldina (ISO Central Secretariat) informed that Covid measures were being cancelled gradually and sessions of technical committees could be carried out in a hybrid format: face-to-face and online formats since May 1st 2022. She informed about the transfer of the library of ISO standards to a new platform.
New ISO Chairperson Ulrika Franke elaborated on the plans for 2022-2023. Ulrika has a great experience in the field of standardization and currently she holds the position of the Vice- President of the Swedish Institute for Standards (SIS), ISO Member. Ulrika also highlighted that standards served as the most important tools for solving various problems. New ISO Chairperson also pointed out that standards allowed people all over the world to speak the same language and served as an international benchmark for quality, safety and trust from governments to business and civil society.
Ulrika Franke announced the below-mentioned directions of her activities:
- Leadership concerning implementation of London Declaration to support SDG;
- Cooperation with the ISO Secretary General and his team in terms of the implementation of the ISO Strategy till 2030 for the purposes of well-timed incorporation of standards supporting openness and transparency principles;
- Increasing the participation of developing countries in international standardization and diversification of financing of capacity-building activities in cooperation with the Special Assistant to the President and the Chairman of DEVCO;
- Promotion of the diversity and inclusivity;
- Promotion of the importance of international standards.
ISO Program Manager Julia Gerasimchuk elaborated on the launch of the Program «Issues relating to the clients» that played a vital role in the process of the development of standards. Incorporation of ISO standards is a necessary business requirement for successful functioning in the world where opinion of the client is the most relevant matter.
Deputy Director General of the Kazakhstan Institute of Standardization and Metrology (KAZSTANDART) Sergey Radaev performed with the presentation in the framework of the Section «Communication with the participants». He told about the course of the activities on standardization in the Republic of Kazakhstan and the principles of cooperation between ISO and KAZSTANDART.