Eight standards on tourism came into force on June 30, 2022. They are the following:
- GOST R 56642-2021 “Tourism services. Ecological tourism. General requirements”;
- GOST R 57287-2021 “Tourist services, provided on specially protected natural areas. Requirements”;
- GOST R 59850.1-2021 “Arctic tourism. Part 1. Tourist and excursion services in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. Basic provisions”;
- GOST R 59850.2-2021 “Arctic tourism. Part 2. Requirements for ensuring the safety of tourists in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation”;
- GOST R 59850.3-2021 “Arctic tourism. Part 3. Security of active tourism in the arctic zone of Russian Federation. General provisions”;
- GOST R 59850.4-2021 “Arctic tourism. Part 4. Requirements for tourist infrastructure in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation”;
- GOST R 59850.5-2021 “Arctic tourism. Part 5. Information signs of navigation system in the sphere of tourism in Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. General requirements”;
- GOST R 59850.6-2021 “Arctic tourism. Part 6. The prevention of conflicts between tourists and a polar bear. Requirements”.
Documents on standardization in the field of arctic tourism have been implemented for the first time. They are aimed at the popularization of historical, cultural and natural potential of the Russian Federation.
Operation is carried out in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation. It is implemented in remote, hard-to-reach, heavy going regions with severe climatic peculiarities.
Excursions in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation are divided into sightseeing excursions and thematic ones depending on the topic of the excursion: excursions on scientific-expedition, excursions on observation of natural phenomena, iceberg excursions, glacial excursions, biological excursions, speleological excursions and visits to places of residence of indigenous peoples of the North, Siberia and the Far East.
Forming the tourist product in internal and incoming Arctic tourism is conducted by the development of the program of the trip on a certain route including complex of services based on the Agreements that are concluded between the tour operator and subjects of the tourism industry.
Now we will enumerate some of the services that are provided by the tour operator in internal and incoming Arctic tourism: accommodation of the tourists; organization of transportation of tourists; rental of tourist infrastructure facilities at the place of travel / excursion; catering; excursion services; services of guides-interpreters and instructors-guides; leisure activities.
Tour operator or a travel agent responsible for the implementation of the touristic product provide medical insurance for the tourists ( campers) and opportunity to make insurance of additional risks, provision of trainings and instructions of the tourists and campers including trainings and instructions on provision of the security according to the requirements.
Responsibility for organization of the needed trainings and instructions of the tourists including trainings and instructions on provision of the security lays on the Head of the tourist organization.
Tour operators and/or travel agents provide tourists or other customers with complete, necessary and reliable data on possible risks and difficulties to which they may be exposed while making a trip / excursion in the Arctic zone of the Russian Federation.
Means of repelling and special barriers preventing the polar bear to approach places of stay of a people and make a contact with them are used for the purposes of prevention of different conflict situations between people and a polar bear.